Monday, November 17, 2008

Irked.

Before I begin writing this angsty post, I'd like to admit that yes, I am a selfish person.

But my selfishness has to do with me. In most cases, my selfishness affects only myself (and fine, maybe JV).

I like to think that my selfish actions have very little effect on the events of the real world and on the lives of other people.

I like to think that my selfishness has to do with the little things in life--like what I want to do (or what I don't want to do) today, or what food I want to eat, or where I want to go for vacation... is there anything wrong with that?

Unfortunately, there will always be the annoying, extremely selfish kind of people in the world. What's even more unfortunate, is that these are the kind of people that I can't seem to get away from--and having to deal with them is mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausting me completely.

The sad truth is that in reality, there exists the kind of people who don't give a rat's ass about others.

There exists the kind of people who don't give a sh*t about the effects that their words, actions, and decisions may have on others.

There exists the kind of people who roleplay all day--the people who act so sweet and helpful and innocent, but who are, in reality, just not. Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin.

These are the kind of people who think that others will just accept them for who they are--naturally pretentious, uncaring creatures--and that they will be liked and respected just the same.

These are the kind of people who act this way because they think that it's okay to act this way. They think that they can get away with it.

Sadly, in most cases, they do get away with it. And because they do, they continue being who they are.

Unfortunately for me, these people seem to be everywhere. They seem to be in every aspect of my life. There's no getting away from them. No matter where I go, no matter what I do, there they are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Kamote. It is almost as if you are talking about the person in my life who is precisely exactly absolutely insanely depicted to a t in your blog. hahaha.