Sunday, May 31, 2009

31 days.

It's been exactly one month since I resigned from the fast-paced world of magazines, contributors, and deadlines. I've said my goodbyes to strangers-turned-officemates-turned-friends, and have resorted to occasional YM conversations with them, as well as promises to meet up for drinks that have yet to push through.

Do I miss the work? Sometimes. Do I miss the people? Of course.

It's been a month of working at home, and being introduced to a completely new world--the world of real estate. Is it something I'm seriously going to pursue? Maybe, maybe not. But at least for the moment, my reality is that I am working for my mother.

It is, quite frankly, a far cry from what I'm used to doing.

I barely leave the house now (But I do try to get in some sun when I can! I promise!), and I've only been on the highway maybe twice or thrice in the past month. Sometimes, I convince myself I'm getting dumber, like when I referred to the beach as the "BETCH", or the time I pretty much blanked out when I had to do long division.

But I've come to love how I can enjoy a delicious, home-cooked (and free) meal for lunch. Heck, I'm even home for dinner! I'm loving how there are family members around at all times of the day, and I've fallen in love with the fact that I can take a break from work so that I can take the time to play with my adorable niece or nephew who just happens to be visiting that day.

I may no longer be up to date with what's happening in the "real" world, but what's important is that I'm up to date with the people who do matter.

This setup may not be a permanent one, but for now, I'm perfectly happy with where I am. No, I'm (unfortunately) not pooping money, but I'm learning to be patient. It will come. Eventually.

So, that's what the past 31 days have been like. Let's see what happens next! :)

No comments: